Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Women & Football!

Hello Hello,

Right, it is 09.00. And I've got my real first day at my Swedish learning school today. Nervous?!
Made a good breakfast for me, 2 slices of toast! One tasted like taco sauce. Probably Alex didn't clean up after himself and left some on the side. Not very pleasant to eat I must say. So take it from me, don't have taco sauce toast! Thought about drinking tea when I woke up, so I made a cup of green tea! I just hope today will be a nice day so I can walk in my hoodie again and no need to wear a jacket! Anyway interesting, interesting, I'll get to the story of my blog!

I was with Alex yesterday watching a Swedish game of football. It was between AIK and DIF. Both two teams from Stockholm, and apparently each others biggest rivals. The game ended in 0-0, but in half time the bar we were at said they were closing (at 21.00). What is that for stupid bar! So Alex rushed home since AIK is his favourite team so he could follow it on-line.



So I was really watching this game, trying figure out the rules a bit. I know when it is like ofside and when there should be a free kick and all that. But I think the difference is now, football has turned more stricter and sweeter then it was a few years back, if I am not wrong! (Oh my, my toast has gone cold. I hate cold toast!)
My first question to Alex while watching the football was:
- When the opponent enters the penalty area and the other team tackles him, he gets a penalty. But what if the opponent got tackled in his own penalty area, what would it be? A free kick or a penalty?
So Alex explained to me that the opponent that got tackled in his own area would get a free kick. Now sorry to say, but I think that should be wrong. A penalty area is a penalty area?! I think the opponent can then just after being tackled walk to the other goal and try to kick it in the net like a penalty. But I guess, that will cost time and time in football is like gold!

Then after a while, one of the DIF defenders touched the ball with the bottom part of the arm, in the penalty area! Which should have been a hand ball. The referee didn't give the penalty shot to AIK. So I wondered; why didn't he?! Alex explained to me that it probably wasn't given because the guy didn't do it on purpose. But hey, most hand balls don't happen on purpose and they do get a free kick/penalty? Unfair for AIK. AIK could have won if the penalty was given! So I thought that was so weird!

So then Alex told me a story about a match we saw earlier. I think it was Manchester United against Sunderland in the premier league. Rooney scored a Hat-trick. (for the girls who don't know what that is; it is when the same person makes 3 goals in a game, and in Ice hockey when someone does a Hat-trick, they throws hats on the ice!) So of course he celebrated his goals and yelled out of victory in the camera. Of course since its Rooney, it consisted of the nasty words, and was made to pay a fine. I have no clue how much the fine was but still, back in the old days when I used to watch football, they didn't even need to pay a fine, maybe they got a warning or something but never a fine. 

Sorry for this picture Man U fans, I know you all hate Ronaldo now! But its a good one of a Rooney Victory!


Anyway the next thing I find weird, if say someone saves their team from loosing in like the last couple of minutes some times some players take their shirt off, which sometimes can be quite sexy for us girls!! Anyway I think in the past it wasn't such a big deal if I am not wrong. But I think it still should be allowed instead of giving it a yellow card, it is victory. They have done something good for their team. Makes it more interesting if they start taking things off right?!?! haha.




I still think football is a weird sport, confusing rules. Like golf can have confusing rules, cause the game is so big. Trust me I know, I've played golf for 3 years and my dad is a golf professional! But I mostly like Ice Hockey. NOW THAT'S INTERESTING! Sometimes some nice fights and fists flying in the air, wonderful goals, maybe some gory blood from someone who had a puck in the face. Okay maybe leave that last bit out! 

Anyway it is time for me to go to school, or else I'll be late, and it said in the rules: 'you MUST come on time'. uh oh! 
Oh before I forget, I would like to wish my friend Doozie a happy birthday! Eventhough today he is stuck at work, (ahhwww) make a good day out of it!




xoxo

Franchesca




No comments:

Post a Comment